Planning Your Next Big BBQ Party
If you want your next big barbecue party to be perfect then there are a lot of things to prepare. Planning events like this can sometimes be overwhelming since there are so many tasks to accomplish. But fortunately, we have prepared a checklist to ensure you are not missing anything. Follow this guide and you will surely have a sumptuous and fun-filled barbecue party.
1. Do an inventory of your tools and food items
The most important thing in a party is the preparation of food. Before going shopping, check your grill, your tools, and the food items that you will need.
After doing this, make a shopping list. To help you with this, we have list down some of the most important items you need to buy.
The grilling equipment checklist:
- Aluminum Foil
- Gas or Charcoal
- Grill Fork
- Grill Glove
The beverage checklist:
- Beer (make sure you have a bottle opener)
- Wine (make sure you have a corkscrew)
- Lemonade or non-alcoholic punch for you non-alcoholic friends
- Plastic Cups
The food and condiments checklist:
The food choices you need depend on what type of barbecue you will be making. But these are some of the options you can go for.
- Meats, poultry, or fish
- Burgers, hotdogs, or sausages
- Fresh vegetables for making salad or for garnishing (lettuce, tomato, red onion, potato, mushrooms, red pepper, etc)
- Fresh fruits such as apples and pears
- Buns or bread
- Different spices to add flavor
- Chips, dips, and cheese
- BBQ sauce or burger relish, ketchup, mayo, mustard, etc
Theme items checklist:
The following items will also depend on what your theme for the party will be, so, you need to decide for a theme first.
- Plates and bowls
- Forks, spoons, and knives
- Table Cloth
- Other decorative items
2. Go shopping
Once you have identified the necessary items you need, go shopping and don’t forget to bring your checklist. If you want to get the freshest meat, you can go directly to your local butcher shop. Check party and discount stores as well to buy accessories and decorative items that would match your theme.
3. Pre-party preparations
Before the party, make sure that everything is already prepared since you don’t want your guests waiting. In order to save time, make sure the following items are prepared few hours before the event:
- a clean and pre-heat grill
- chopped vegetables and fruits for the salad
- salad dressings
- side dishes
- marinade mixture
- condiments and bbq sauce
- burger patties/ hotdogs/ sausages
- pre-cut meat/ poultry/ fish
- pre-cut breads, hotdog buns, or burger buns
- cold drinks
- grilling equipment
- trash bags
- seating arrangements for the guests
- entertainment and activities
4. Bonus tips to make your food perfect
Before grilling, make sure your grill is pre-heated for about 10-15 minutes. Do not serve the cooked meat immediately; let it rest for at least 15 minutes until the juices of the meat start to show making the meat tender and tastier.
5. Important tips to make the party more enjoyable
While food is the highlight of any party, entertainment and activities are also important to make the event livelier. In order to give your guests the best entertainment, you must take the time to know their interests. You can also match your activities depending on the theme you have chosen. For instance, if you are hosting a bbq party for the world cup, make sure you have prepared your audio-visual equipment like TV or a projector. For other themes, you can provide other entertainment such as music or parlor games.
The key to having a successful and fun-filled party is to be prepared. Having good food, enjoyable entertainment and activities, and great company are what make the party more enjoyable and memorable. So, follow the checklist above and give your friends and family a party like no other.
To get more tips and tricks along with some amazing recipes, check out our friends at Dads That Cook!…